Do you have a strong interest in science? Are you driven by knowing a little bit of everything instead of a lot about one thing? Are you looking for a professional development opportunity associated with the fast-paced growth of a startup?
We are driven by the challenge of crunching down science to contents that everyone can understand. As a pioneer startup in science communication founded in 2017, we have the opportunity to address this global need that is transversal to universities, research centres and the private sector. We need the most creative, passionate, pragmatic and efficient writers on board to succeed. Want to join us?
As a young startup we look for dynamic and multi-tasking individuals that add value to our team. We are in a continuous journey to master perfectionism, pragmatism, and creativity. Visit our website to know more about what we do, and why we do it (www.scite.pt).
- Science degree within the zootechnical/animal, veterinary, biochemistry or biological sciences. While a degree in these areas is not mandatory, your work will be focused on these key core areas;
- Master the secrets for efficiently writing scientific publications;
- Strong communication (particularly writing) skills with an intuitive understanding of how to crunch complex scientific information, and with the ability to understand and convert it into engaging stories relevant for any audiences (logical thinking and storytelling skills);
- Writes and speaks English fluently is essential. Fluency in other languages are a plus.
Main selection criteria:
- Extent and relevance of experience in writing contents for scientific and technical audiences within the fields of agro-zootechnical, veterinary, animal and/or environmental sciences, including skilled use of tools such as scientific search engines, reference manager. While this is the main selection criteria, if you are a prolific scientific writer in other biological sciences please send your application.
Additional selection criteria:
- Data analysis and statistics skills (analysis of variances, linear models, multi-variate analysis, among others), as well as data visualization.
- Extent and relevance of experience in graphic and communication design associated with science-based information. This is definitely a plus, but not the core skill we are looking for this position.
You will be working with a young, dynamic and multi-disciplinary team with a rapidly evolving agenda associated with international academic and private institutions, as well as international agencies. You will get a chance to develop your writing and communication skills while building up a broad and overarching knowledge of different science fields. Professional development is also guaranteed as you will be part of a growing startup and will be gradually exposed to clients.
If you share our passion for communicating science and want to be part of our team, please send us your CV and motivation letter to #### (E-mail title: SciCom position). Please all fill in this online query (####) and don’t forget to write #sciencecrunchers in the body of the e-mail.
Location: LABS Lisboa – Lisbon, Portugal (partial remote work is possible)
Deadline: The goal is to join us as soon as possible. Don’t wait for sending us your application.